Photo by J. Khaleli
Giacomo is an enthusiastic lecturer with a solid international profile and excellent feedback from students and colleagues. He is very eager to lecture, tutor and develop projects with students involved in all levels of academic education and with colleagues.
In 2010 he received the Post Graduate Certificate in Education, Qualified Teacher Status (60 ECTS) at Jyväskylä University of Applied Sciences, Teacher Education College (approved 24.5.2010).
He has lectured more than 50 academic courses in several institutions of higher education, including among others the University of Helsinki, HSD Düsseldorf University of Applied Sciences, the University of Strasbourg, the University of Freiburg and Karlsruhe University of Music.
He was also invited to talk as keynote in business meetings and conferences such as Tallin Music Week, Kaupunkitelämää Asuntomessu, Elävät Kaupunkikeskustat ry:n konferenssi, Kuntaliiton PIIRI–kuntamarkkinoinnin suurtapahtuma, MARS Festival (Music. Assembly. Research. Showbusiness) and the Electri_City Conference.
A small sample of his courses:
- Cities in Crisis, University von Helsinki, WS 2009-10
- Cities and Culture in European Context, University of Helsinki, SS 2010
- Urbane Klänge – Urbane Bilder: Darstellungen der europäischen Stadt in populären Musik und Kultur, University of Freiburg, SS 2013
- Cinéma et espace urbain, University of Strasbourg, SS 2014
- Popular Culture in Theory, University of Helsinki, WS 2015-16
- Carnival, Public Space and the Right to the City, Düsseldorf University of Applied Sciences, WS 2016-17
- Comparative Urban Research: The Music City, University of Helsinki, WS 2016-17
- The Art of Getting Lost: Qualitative Methods in Urban Studies, University of Helsinki, SS 2019